Embed Flash in PowerPoint 2007 or insert a Youtube video and take your presentations to the next level. Watch and learn from this video tutorial.
Here is a look at the Flash in PowerPoint we will use:
Why insert Flash movies or YouTube movies in your PowerPoint presentation?
There are a number of reasons why you may want to insert Flash or YouTube movies in your presentation. Some of them are:
- You may want to show the demo movie on your website to your audience. Instead of connecting to the net, you may insert the flash movie on your slide directly
- You may want to show an inspirational move clip on YouTube to motivate your team
- You may want to combine the power of Flash and PowerPoint to take your presentation to the next level
No matter what your reasons are, the technique you are about to learn in this tutorial will help you immensely.
Watch the video tutorial to learn to embed Flash movie in your PowerPoint slide:
- Go to Microsoft Office button -> PowerPoint Options -> Popular tab -> Show Developer Tab in the Ribbon
- On the Developer tab select ‘More controls’ option
- On the ‘More Controls’ menu – select ‘Shockwave Flash Object’
- Drag the cursor on the slide to draw and resize the play area for the flash movie
- Right click on the area marked X and go to ‘Properties’
- On the Properties tab, set ‘Embed Movie’ option as ‘True’
- Click on the Movie tab and type the complete file path.For example – F:RamgopalFlash gallery2gallery.swf (You may type a URL where the flash movie is located. For example – http://www.sitename.com/filename.swf) (Additional steps to insert Youtube video below.)
- If you want the flash movie to play automatically when the slide appears, set the ‘Playing’ property as ‘True’.
- Close the tab and save your presentation. When you watch the slide on slideshow mode, you can enjoy your flash movie
How to insert YouTube movies in PowerPoint 2007?
Follow the exact steps as shown above. The only difference is in Step 7.
When you click on the ‘Movie’ tab, type the URL of the YouTube video you want to include. However, you need to change the URL slightly to make it possible to play on your slide. Here are the steps for the change:
- Copy the URL of the YouTube video you want to embed, onto a notepad
- Delete “watch?”
- Replace the ‘=’ sign with ‘ ⁄ ’
For example: The following URL
Techniques like – embedding Flash in PowerPoint 2007 help you make your presentations more effective. We have created a number of high quality PowerPoint 2007 tutorials for your benefit in this site. Please go through them all and enhance your PowerPoint skills.
If you do not want to use flash, you can create a product showcase like the above in PowerPoint itself. Learn how to create Looping Introduction slides here.
If you want to learn 29 creative ideas to make your presentation visual, please sign up for the Creative Presentation Ideas 5 day e-course for free here.