In this video tutorial, you will learn how to create moving needle effect of a clock in PowerPoint.
This is an useful animation effect to show a list, agenda items, steps in a process and more.
Click play to watch the video below.
The animation type used in these kind of animations are “Spin” animations. However, the needle spins around its center point which is not realistic. This video shows the workaround you can use to change the axis of rotation. You can then easily extend this animation to create an actual clock as well.
The steps we will follow to create the graphic and effect include:
- Create the basic elements of the clock. This includes the triangular need.
- The curve showing the outer arc of the clock
- Add the numbers to the arc, based on how many items are there in the list
- Place each of the numbers so it exactly matches the movement of the needle
- Add animations to the numbers and the text
- Match the animation of the clock needle to that of the text
Hope you found this tutorial on how to create Clock Needle Animation Effect in PowerPoint useful. If you did, please do share your feedback below.